Corbett Family News

Keeping up to date with the descendents of Don C and Marion K Corbett.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to all!


I hope everyone is having a happy Mother's day! They passed out chocolate in Sacrament meeting, so I am happy!

First-- belated congratulations to Jane, Paul, and family! We wish we could've been there. Last Sunday Mark E. was ordained a deacon. Mom and Dad came up here for that, and that's why they weren't in Dallas.

Mark E. did a great job on his first week passing the sacrament. The first person he passed it to was his dad, and that was a really nice experience.

We completely failed to eat banana splits on Granny's birthday. I have tried to compensate by eating a lot of ice cream this week. I also decided to treat my kids to a batch of Scotcheroos. I mixed everything together, pressed it into the pan, handed out a couple of un-frosted pieces to my kids and neighbor kids, then poured on the chocolate. I set the pan on the counter. 15 minutes later a neighbor kid came over, stood on his tip-toes, put his little face over the pan, and started coughing. I had to toss the entire thing into the trash. Bummer!

Mark and Co. have been trying to inventory the entire warehouse. We haven't seen much of him at all during the past week. He went to work at 5:00 a.m. yesterday (Saturday) and came home at 4:30 a.m. today. He slept for about 3 hours and then successfully made it through Sacrament meeting up on the stand without falling asleep! I am hoping that he is asleep right now.

I may try to figure out how to put a picture on here! If I am successful, it is a picture of my kids at Disney World in October. They are (l-r): Matthew, Nathan, Drew, and Mark.

--Anne Marie

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy Taylor said...

How sad about the Scotcheroos! Your dad told us a little about Mark E passing the sacrament and he was so proud. I think it's great that everyone can read about it, too. Hope you are all doing well, especially the sleepy bishop!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Amy and Brad said...

It's fun to see the picture Anne Marie. I think blogging is addictive. I am glad inventory is over.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home